Gainesville Car Insurance
If you are looking for an affordable Gainesville car insurance policy, the best way to find it is by shopping around.
Use our free Gainesville, FL car insurance quote finder to quickly and easily compare quotes from top companies side by side!
Find the most affordable car insurance in Gainesville right now!
Choosing A Gainesville Car Insurance Policy
Living in Gainesville, FL and driving a vehicle or owning a registered vehicle means that you are required by law to have a certain amount of auto insurance coverage.
In Florida, the state’s minimum requirements for auto insurance are as follows:
- Personal Injury Protection: $10,000
- Property Damage Liability: $10,000
However, if you have caused an accident or a license revocation under certain circumstances then you may be required to have additional auto insurance coverage in the form of bodily injury liability.
Remember when purchasing your policy that this is just the minimum amount required. You may want to have additional auto insurance coverage on your policy to protect you financially in the event of an accident.
Some additional Gainesville car insurance coverage that you may want to consider includes:
- Bodily Injury Liability: This will pay for the medical expenses of the other driver in an accident where you are found to be at fault.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist: This will cover you if you are in an accident where the other driver is at fault and does not have the proper insurance coverage.
- Collision: This coverage will pay for damages to your car resulting from an accident.
- Comprehensive: This will cover non accident related damages to your car.
Do some research and decide which coverage would be most beneficial to you before purchasing your policy. Compare Gainesville car insurance coverage options now with our free Gainesville car insurance quote finder.
Gainesville, FL Car Insurance Laws
Since car insurance is mandatory in Florida, driving without insurance can result in some serious penalties.
In Gainesville, the penalties for getting caught driving without insurance can include:
- License and/or registration suspension for up to 3 years
- Reinstatement fee of $150
- Second offense reinstatement fee of $250
Don’t risk being caught driving without the proper insurance coverage in the Sunshine state. Get the Gainesville car insurance policy you need today by using our free Gainesville auto insurance quote finder!
Finding Cheap Gainesville Car Insurance Rates
Did you know that in 2005 Florida came in number 8 for the states with the highest average auto insurance premiums? This means that as a Florida driver, you are probably paying a lot more than the national average for car insurance.
However, just because Florida has some of the highest auto insurance rates in the nation it does not mean that Gainesville residents can’t have access to affordable car insurance.
One way to save on car insurance is by taking advantage of the many discounts that most auto insurance companies offer. Some common discounts include the following:
- Good Student
- Safe Driver
- Safe Car
- Economy Car
- Low Mileage
- Multiple Policy
Some other tips for finding cheap Gainesville auto insurance include:
- Raising Your Deductible: This can help you get the lower premiums that you are looking for.
- Maintaining A High Credit Score: Many auto insurance companies look at your credit score when determining your rates, so a high credit score can help you get the low rates you want.
- Shopping Around: Comparing multiple quotes before purchasing a policy is the best way to save on car insurance costs. Remember that rates are constantly changing so comparing new quotes every six months or so can really pay off.
Shop Around For Gainesville Car Insurance Now!
Don’t put your search for Gainesville car insurance on hold any longer. Find the policy you need today by using our free Gainesville, Florida car insurance quote finder!
Get started now!